Friday, July 4, 2014

Planning Matty's Party! Pt. II

For those of you who are choosing to follow this segment of my blog - today I'm going to be sharing the party favors I decided on doing for my son's birthday party.

These particular party favors are appropriate for any age group - except infancy I suppose.. But towards the general public - yes, these are appropriate for mostly everyone.
Also, I can do these now because unlike the loot bags for the children, I don't really have to wait for the RSVPs before getting them started.

For many parents raising younger children, I think the hardest problem for throwing birthday parties is choosing the food. The allergies are the really finicky part because you want to make sure all the kids are having a good time while being completely safe. Plus that, it's no fun being liable for an allergy related incident at a party you're hosting.

So for these party favors, I decided to do packaged truffles with custom tags. The truffles are from Three Fifty Baked Goods, a nut-free and peanut-free baking business in the GTA. The flavours for the truffles include red velvet, chocolate chip cookie dough, oreo and golden oreo (the last two being my personal favourites).



So for making the favors, first you need to consider the packaging. As part of my business, we do offer food-safe packaging that comes in different sizes. In the picture shown, the plastic food-safe packages measure 2 1/5" by 6" in length and height while opening up to 1" wide.

For this specifically, I chose to use bags with significantly greater height than the truffles themselves because of the proportions of the tags being tied on them.

In the photo, you can see that the tags I made are three-piece tags, designed by yours truly.
I made the tags in the custom shape of a turtle to match my son's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party theme. The tag designs were done with black, green, and brown ink and of course, I had to put a pun on the favor message for good taste, "Thank you for shellabrating Matheson's fifth birthday!"

Now, because the owner of Three Fifty Baked Goods is a new business just starting out, much like Compass and Canvas, I thought it would be nice to help spread their name by including cute nut and peanut free labels on the back of the tags with their company logo. Beyond just being a cute gesture, I know once people try these amazing truffles, knowing that they are also nut and peanut free, they'll be flocking like seagulls to figure out where I got these from. I think the convenience speaks for itself here.



Anyway, after assembling the tags and putting a sample truffle in the food-safe plastic baggy, all I needed to do was tie on some matching green ribbon - for this I chose to use olive just to give more of a colour variety to the whole ensemble. I've specifically requested that the white chocolate icing be coloured green for the actual truffles that I have ordered to use for the favors.
So with four dozen truffle favors - packaged and tied like this, I now have beautifully-yet still somewhat childish-party favors for our guests, and it just so happens to double as a nice statement to put on the sweet table for the party.

For anyone interested in other party favor ideas or to place an order for your own set of customized favor tags for a special event you have coming up, e-mail me at czarina@compassandcanvas.com

To take a look at the baked goods offered by Three Fifty Baked Goods check out their site:
http://threefiftybakedgoods.wordpress.com
where you can find product & pricing details!

No comments :

Post a Comment